Corporate profile

 

Corporate Profile

MetLife Alico M.F.C. was established in 1992 and since then it remains amongst the top ten mutual fund companies.

MetLife is the main shareholder (90%) and the rest 10% is equally shared between Kanellopoulos-Adamantiadis and Hellas S.A.

Board of Directors:

  • President: Mr. Michael Hatzidimitriou
  • Vice President: Mr. Ioannis Vasilatos
  • Member: Mr. Nikolaos Adamantiadis
  • Member: Mrs. Eleni Papagelopoulou
  • Member: Mr. Hubert Penot

Management Team:

  • General Manager: Mr. Alex Soultogiannis
  • Chief Investment Officer: Mr. Vassilios Antoniadis
  • Sales Manager: Mrs. Christina Katsili
  • Internal Auditor: Mr. Giorgos Bouloukos

Company´s business scope

MetLife Alico M.F.C. offers 20 listed mutual funds to the public. They belong to different categories, such as Money Market funds, Bond funds, Balanced funds, Fund of Funds, Greek and International Equity funds, giving the possibility to the customers to cover all their needs.

The Company has also established good relationships with local institutional customers. Thus, it started up operation of 2 international balanced funds where the seed money is part of their reserves. In each fund a Joint Investment Committee set up investment guidelines and evaluate and monitor mutual fund performance on a tactical basis.

MetLife Alico M.F.C. is managing 2 greek funds which belong to Citibank Greece since October 2002. The fact that Citibank has chosen this Mutual Fund Company to manage their branded products, indicates the Company´s high global standards.

Also in collaboration with Beta Securities, in 2007, Beta Global International Balanced fund was launched.

Additionally, MetLife Alico M.F.C. is supporting all Unit Link insurance products, of MetLife Greece, Cyprus and Bulgaria.

Fund Management and Investment Strategy

Mutual funds are managed following active or passive investment strategies, depending on each fund´s risk/reward profile. The fund manager is obliged to follow the fund´s prospectus and the internal guidelines limitations. The various investment committees act as fund management´s controllers and ideas producers via brainstorming conversations. The portfolios performance is measured against internal and external benchmarks. Investment objective is to outperform benchmarks and target the top quartile of peer groups.

For the tactical asset allocation, Greek Law, Investment Guidelines, Investment Committees, Macroeconomic Views and Market conditions are taken into consideration. For the sectoral allocation and the security selection, we evaluate the projected prospects and profitability along with the relative value of each sector or stock against peers.

Last but not least, the Investment Department aims to contribute to marketing material creation and support sales force in their tasks.

Distribution Network

MetLife Alico M.F.C. offers Alico family of funds through:

  • MetLife network of Insurance Advisors.
  • Its exclusive network of Investment Account Officers.

 

Offices of MetLife Alico M.F.C.
  • Athens
    8, Xenofontos Street, 105 57 Athens tel: 210 3712300, fax: 210 3247901
    email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
  • Thessaloniki
    Theodora Papadimitriou
    5, Ag. Georgiou Street, 570 01 Thessaloniki
    tel: 2310 554700, fax: 2310 553888
    email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
 
Copyright © 2014 MetLife Alico ΑΕΔΑΚ. All Rights Reserved. - Term of use | Privacy Statement
Created by Avaca Technologies S.A